Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto and Hard-Boiled Egg
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ian Knauer
Grilling asparagus in a grill pan brings a wonderful charred flavor to this satisfying side dish.
- 1 pound medium asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley or tarragon leaves
- Trim asparagus and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat until hot. Grill asparagus, turning occasionally, until crisp tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a serving patter when cooked.
- Tear prosciutto into bite-sized pieces and place over asparagus. Sprinkle egg and herbs over asparagus. Stir together lemon juice, shallot, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, a scant 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over asparagus.