Grilled Pork Tenderloins with Vegetable Curry
Provided by: Food&Wine
Instead of using high-calorie coconut milk, Sue Zemanick of New Orleans' Gautreau's substitutes coconut water (the clear liquid inside young coconuts) and a touch of full-fat sour cream to add richness to this curry sauce. Lime juice and red curry paste contribute superb tanginess and flavor, too.
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced scallion, plus 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 small sweet potato 1/2-inch pieces, about 5 ounces peeled and cut into
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Thai red curry paste
- 2 cup(s) pure coconut water
- 3 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 2 cup(s) coarsely shredded stemmed kale
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) full-fat sour cream
- 4 center-cut pork tenderloin medallions, about 4 ounces each pounded to a 1-inch thickness
- 1. In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the ginger, garlic, jalapeño and minced scallion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and sweet potato, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until barely softened, 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and curry paste and stir to coat the vegetables with the curry.
- 2. Add the coconut water and lime juice and simmer over moderate heat until the sweet potatoes are nearly tender and the liquid is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Stir in the kale and cilantro and cook just until the kale is wilted. Add the sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Rub the pork with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper; grill over moderate heat, turning, until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes, then slice and arrange on plates with the vegetable curry alongside. Garnish with the sliced scallions and serve.