Grilled T-Bone Steaks with Chimichurri
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 T fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 T fresh oregano leaves
- 1 t dried red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 4 10-ounce T-bone steaks
- black pepper freshly ground
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Mash the garlic in a mortar and pestle or food processor. Add the cilantro parsley thyme and oregano and continue mashing until the herbs are coarsely ground. Mash in the red chile flakes then the lemon zest and vinegar.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while mixing. Season the chimichurri sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grilling the Steaks
- Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat or preheat an indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Set the steaks on the grill fat side down. Grill until some of the fat is rendered and golden brown about 4 minutes.
- Lay the steaks on the grill and cook to desired doneness about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare doneness.
- Transfer the steaks to plates and rest for 4 minutes.
- Spoon the chimichurri sauce over and around the steaks.
- Visit http://curtisstone.com.