Individual Grill Pan Pepperoni Pizzas
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ian Knauer
Cooking pizza dough in a grill pan makes for an extra-crispy crust. Make sure the pan is hot before adding the dough and youll end up with a pizzeria quality crust in minutes.
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup jarred pizza sauce, divided
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella, divided
- 3 1/2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Lightly oil grill pan and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Rub dough with oil, then cut dough into 4 quarters. Working with 1 piece at a time (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap), stretch dough into an 8-inch square.
- Grill dough in grill pan until grill marks appear on bottom side, about 3 minutes. Turn dough over and spread 1/4 cup sauce over dough. Sprinkle a generous 1/2 cup cheese over sauce, then place some of pepperoni on top of pizza. Cover grill pan and continue to cook until cheese is melted and dough is cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Transfer pizza to a large baking sheet and keep warm in oven while making remaining pizzas.
- Repeat with remaining 3 pieces of dough, remaining sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.