Lavender-Infused Mascarpone Mousse Pastries
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Yes, these dessert treats are as luscious and delicious as they sound. They take a little time, but they're worth it!
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender blossoms
- 4 (3-inch-long) fresh lavender sprigs
- 1 container (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 package (10 ounces each) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells , prepared according to package directions
- white chocolate curls
- Fresh lavender sprigs
- Heat 1/2 cup cream and the lavender in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place the cheese into a large bowl. Pour the cream mixture through a fine sieve into the bowl. Discard the lavender. Stir the cheese and cream mixture until the mixture is smooth. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Beat the remaining cream and the sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat. Fold half the whipped cream into the cheese mixture. Fold in the remaining whipped cream just until combined.
- Spoon the mousse into the pastry shells. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with the white chocolate and fresh lavender.