Layered Meat Loaf
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 431 calories/serving
- Meat Mixture:
- 2 -1/4 lb ground meat loaf mixture (beef, pork and veal)
- 1 cup each finely chopped onion and fresh bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 jar (11-1/2 oz) roasted peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato pesto or sauce (from a 10-oz jar)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup).
- Meat Mixture:Mix ingredients well in a large bowl; divide in thirds.
- Layering:Shape each portion meat mixture into a 9 x 5 x 1-in. rectangle. Lift 1 portion onto middle of baking sheet; top with roasted peppers. Cover with another portion meat; top with spinach. Add remaining meat mixture; spread with tomato pesto.
- Bake 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf registers 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before removing to a cutting board or platter. Slice with a serrated knife.