Mahimahi with Cumin Oil and Pineapple Salsa
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Alexis Touchet
Making this salsa is so simple with store-bought fresh pineapple chunks and its such a refreshing counterpoint to the cumin spiced fish.
- FOR SALSA:
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (about 6 oz)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro sprigs
- 1 tsp minced fresh jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- FOR FISH
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lb mahimahi fillet (about 3/4-inch thick) or swordfish steak, cut into 4 portions
- Preheat broiler. Line rack of a broiler pan with foil and lightly oil.
- Combine salsa ingredients and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl. Stir together 2 Tbsp oil, cumin, and 1/4 tsp salt. Pat fish dry and put on foil. Brush top of fish with cumin oil and broil about 8 inches from heat until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve with salsa.