Moroccan Pumpkin and Potato Stew
Provided by: dLife®
total prep 194 calories/serving
Visit dLife.com for more diabetes recipes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 15 oz canned unsalted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large russet potato, cut into wedges
- 1 lb fresh cubed pumpkin, peeled
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 lb sugar snap peas
- 1.5 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 oz fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes over low heat until softened.
- Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, harissa, cinnamon and stock. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and bring back to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin and baby corn, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes just start to collapse.
- Mix the cornstarch to a smooth paste with 4 tablespoons of water and stir into the stew. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Discard the cinnamon stick and scatter over the herbs.
- Season to taste.