Mozzarella Chicken Cutlets
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ian Knauer
The sauce and cheese in this recipe will surely make it a favorite of every kid in your house. The quick cooking time of chicken cutlets will make the recipe a favorite of yours, too.
- 4 (5-to 6-ounces) chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 tablespoons jarred tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Heat grill pan over medium high heat until hot.
- Toss chicken with oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken, in batches if necessary, in grill pan until grill marks appear on bottom side, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn cutlets over and spread 2 tablespoons sauce on each cutlet. Divide cheese between cutlets, sprinkling over sauce, then cover grill pan. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.