Open Face Chicken Tacos
Provided by: Alexis Touchet
Make this a taco party for the family. Gather them around the table with all the makings ready for everyone to help themselves.
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced canned chipotle in adobo sauce plus 2 teaspoons sauce
- 4 teaspoons lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 small avocados
- 4 cups boneless skinless rotisserie chicken pieces
- 4 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 pound package shredded iceberg lettuce (about 5 cups)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. with rack in middle. Wrap tortillas in 2 foil packages and heat on rack until warm, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, chipotle and adobo sauce, 2 Tbsp water, 2 tsp lime juice and sugar in a bowl. Peel and pit avocados, then dice and toss with remaining 2 tsp lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Assemble tacos with tortillas, chicken, avocado, tomato and lettuce, then drizzle with sauce.