New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
This icing is easy to make and dries to a beautifully glossy finish. Just be sure to give the cookies adequate time to dry before packing them up.
- 1 (1-pound) box confectioners sugar
- 4 teaspoons powdered egg whites (not reconstituted) such as Just Whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together all ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Increase speed to high and continue to beat until icing holds stiff peaks, about 3 minutes in a stand mixer or 10 minutes with a handheld. If not using icing immediately, cover surface with a dampened paper towel, then cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Make ahead: Icing can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, its surface covered with dampened paper towel and bowl covered with plastic wrap.