Pan-Seared Salmon in Peach Mango Sauce
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 430 calories/serving
Each serving of this tender pan-seared salmon provides a full serving of vegetables and is served on a bed of brown rice, topped with a fantastic sauce made with V8 V-Fusion Peach Mango, fresh mango, red pepper, garlic, spinach, honey, lime juice and cilantro.
- 4 salmon fillet , 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large red pepper , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 cup V8 V-Fusion® Peach Mango Juice
- 1 mango , peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cup cooked regular brown rice
- Season the salmon as desired.
- Spray a 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the salmon, skin-side up and cook for about 5 minutes or until it's well browned. Turn the salmon over and cook for 4 minutes or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove the salmon from the skillet and keep it warm.
- Add the red pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat until the pepper is tender-crisp.
- Stir the juice, mango, honey, cornstarch, lime juice and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir the juice mixture and the spinach into the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the cilantro. Serve over the salmon. Serve with the rice.