Peanut Butter Snack Cake with Milk Chocolate Frosting
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
An easy cake to throw together to feed a crowd. The kids will love to sprinkle the milk chocolate chips on top and watch them melt.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use natural)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter a 13 by 9 glass dish.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together milk and vanilla.
- Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars with an electric mixer on moderately-high until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and alternately mix in flour and milk mixtures, ending with the flour until just combined. Spoon into dish and bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Open oven and sprinkle top of cake with chocolate chips. Bake until chips are just melted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to rack and let cool completely.