Pearled Barley Salad with Apples, Pomegranate Seeds and Pine Nuts
Provided by: Food&Wine
Ingredient Tips from F&W Editors
- 1/3 cup(s) pine nuts, preferably from Italy 2 ounces
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced 2 tablespoons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cup(s) Thyme-Scented Pearled Barley (see below)
- 1 large tart apple, such as Honeycrisp cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) pomegranate seeds, from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pine nuts in a pie plate and toast until golden, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Add the Thyme-Scented Pearled Barley (see below), pine nuts, apple, pomegranate seeds and parsley; toss before serving.