Pineapple Curry Chicken Skewers
Provided by: Jennifer Iserloh
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup plain, reduced fat yogurt
- 4 garlic, minced
- 1 2-inch piece peeled ginger, minced
- 12 wooden skewers
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons Madras style curry powder
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Place chicken in a small shallow glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle with soy. Add the yogurt, garlic, and ginger. Cover and marinate overnight. Submerge the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Spread the skewers out on a dishtowel and discard water. Press two chunks of pineapple onto the skewer. Remove the chicken from the marinade and press onto skewers and add two more pieces of pineapple.
- Heat a large grill over high heat. Sprinkle the skewers with the curry powder and coat with a thin layer of cooking spray. Grill 8 to 10 minutes, turning once until the chicken is grilled through and the pineapple softens. Serve immediately.