Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Chipotle Sauce
Provided by: Slashfood
- 2 whole pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat grill to high heat or if using charcoal, build a two-level fire. Remove silver skin from pork, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill grates and cook pork, with lid closed for 7 minutes, without turning. Flip pork and continue cooking for 6 minutes. Pork should be seared on both sides with a nice crust. Cooking times may be slightly less with charcoal grill.
- If using gas, do not open lid, but turn burners off and cook for another 5 minutes. Charcoal grills, move pork to cooler side of grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until internal temperature of thickest part of meat registers 145 degrees F.
- While pork is cooking, prepare the sauce by combining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered for 15 minutes, until thickened. Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with sauce.