Provided by: The Pioneer Woman
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes (about 8 medium Russets)
- 1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise (NOT miracle whip)
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard (regular, dijon or a mixture of both)
- 3 whole green onions (sliced up to the darkest green part)
- 8 whole small sweet pickles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole hard boiled eggs
- fresh dill, chopped, to taste (may sub for pickles as well if you don't like that taste)
- Hard boil eggs several days before; keep in fridge.
- Cut potatoes in halves or thirds, then boil until fork tender. Drain. Mash potatoes or run them through a ricer or food mill to make them extra fluffy. Fold potatoes together with mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, salt, pepper, and other seasonings you like. Fold in pickles and eggs, then taste for seasonings, adding more salt, mustard, or mayo as needed. You can also splash in juice from the pickle jar if salad needs a little moisture. Generously sprinkle dill over the top.
- Assemble salad up to 24 hours in advance. Cover and keep refrigerated.