Quick Linguine and White Clam Sauce
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Accompaniments: extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté onion, stirring, until golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, pepper flakes, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander.
- While pasta is cooking, stir clams with juice and simmer, until slightly reduced. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Add pasta clam sauce along with parsley and salt to taste, then toss with sauce until combined well.