Ratatouille "Unbaked" Ziti
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 404 calories/serving
- 8 oz uncooked ziti pasta
- 1 small eggplant (about 12 oz), diced
- 1 bell pepper, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups bottled fat-free marinara sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves, cut in strips
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water as package directs.
- Meanwhile coat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Heat over medium heat; add eggplant, bell pepper, onion and 1⁄4 cup water. Cover and, stirring often, cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and garlic; cover and cook 2 minutes. Add sauce and simmer 1 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta, add to skillet and toss to mix. Spoon on dollops of ricotta; sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover and cook over low heat, without stirring, 2 minutes until cheese melts. Garnish with basil.