Roast Lamb Shoulder with Cumin
Provided by: Taste Editors
Recipe courtesy of Rotis: Roasts for Every Day of the Week by Stephane Reynaud/Melville House Publishing, 2011.
- 1 lamb shoulder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 French shallots, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 7 ounces white wine
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 3 zucchini, julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 3/4 butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rub the lamb shoulder with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Put the lamb in a flameproof roasting tin and brown over high heat. Add the shallots, garlic and cumin, then roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the roast and pour over the white wine. Add the cauliflower, carrot, zucchini and cucumber and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Add the butter and mix it well with the vegetables and serve immediately.