Roasted Halibut with Olive Oil and Lemon
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Georgeanne Brennan
total prep 277 calories/serving
Olive oil helps to keep the fish moist, as well as adding a delicate flavor. Plan on cooking the fish 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- 4 halibut fillets, each about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices of lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, plus chives for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 425°F.
- Place the fish in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with half the olive oil and sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Turn and drizzle with the remaining oil, and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Place a slice of lemon on top of each fillet.
- Place in the oven and roast until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove to a warm platter, sprinkle all with the minced chives and garnish with several stems of chives.