Shaved Raw Asparagus with Parmesan Dressing
Provided by: Food&Wine
Asparagus often makes wine taste vegetal. To counter that, chef Mark Ladner of Manhattan's Del Posto mixes shaved spears with a supremely wine-friendly ingredient: parmesan.
- 2 pound(s) large asparagus
- 1 cup(s) coarsely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 3 ounces
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) warm water
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus into long, thin strips and transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix the Parmigiano-Reggiano with the lemon juice, water and olive oil. Add to the asparagus and toss to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve at once.