Shiitake Mushroom Salad
Provided by: Marcus Samuelsson
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 cups cleaned sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 cups radicchio, shredded
- 2 cups Savoy cabbage (about a 1/4 head of cabbage), shredded
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cups basil leaves, torn
- Juice of 1 orange (grapefruit can also work)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- Mix cabbage, radicchio, scallions, onions, orange juice and basil leaves in a bowl.
- In a medium skillet heat oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté on medium high heat. Add garlic, toss in the sesame seeds and toast to a light brown. Add soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add mushroom mix to cabbage and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate mozzarella with salad on top.