Southwestern Steak Salad
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 505 calories/serving
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tsp salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning (Mrs. Dash) or chili powder
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) black beans, rinsed
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup bottled olive oil and vinegar dressing
- Juice of half a lime
- Heat 1⁄2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add corn; cook 1 minute until crisp-tender. Remove to a medium bowl.
- Rub seasoning on both sides of steak. Heat remaining 1⁄2 tsp oil in skillet until hot but not smoking. Add steak and cook 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add beans, tomatoes, avocado, onion, 1⁄4 cup dressing and the lime juice to bowl with corn; toss to mix and coat.
- To serve: Thinly slice steak across the grain. Spoon salad onto plates; top with steak. Drizzle steak with remaining dressing.
- Serve with tortilla chips.