Steak & Mushroom Florentine
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 275 calories/serving
Even the kids will eat their spinach when it's tucked into this delicious dish with sliced steak and a creamy sauce.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 beef sirloin steak
- beef top round steak , 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion , sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup water
- 1 large tomato , thickly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender-crisp. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir the soup and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until the beef is cooked through. Serve the beef mixture over the tomato. Season with the black pepper.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with hot cooked whole-grain egg noodles and a green salad with Dijon vinaigrette. For dessert serve fresh fruit salad.