Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 467 calories/serving
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 oz each), pierced several times
- 11/4 -lb 1-in.-thick boneless sirloin steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 11/2 lb asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 3/4 cup drained, bottled party olive antipasto, olives cut in half, other ingredients cut bite-size, or 3/4 cup pitted green olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
- Remove broiler pan with rack from oven; coat rack with nonstick spray. Heat broiler.
- Microwave potatoes until fork-tender; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place steak on broiler rack. Season with 1⁄4 tsp each salt and pepper. Broil about 4 in. from heat source 6 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted from side to middle registers 155°F. Transfer to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest. (Temperature will continue to rise to 160°F for medium doneness.)
- Spread asparagus on broiler rack. Coat with nonstick spray; sprinkle with rest of salt and pepper. Add potatoes.
- Broil 6 to 8 minutes, turning asparagus and potatoes over halfway through broiling until asparagus are charred and crisp-tender and potato skins are crisp.
- To serve: Place vegetables on a serving platter. Sprinkle asparagus with olive antipasto and feta. Split potatoes open. Slice steak and add to platter.