Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Stuffing and corn kernels mix with ground beef and onion to make a delicious different stuffing for bell peppers. Both kids and adults love this recipe, and it's on the table in just 45 minutes.
- Stir 1/4 cup stuffing and butter in a medium bowl.
- Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the tomatoes and corn in the skillet. Add the remaining stuffing and mix lightly.
- Arrange the peppers, cut-side up, in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Spoon the beef mixture over the peppers. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F. for 25 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Sprinkle with the reserved stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the topping is golden.
- Tip: To melt the butter, remove the wrapper and place the butter into a microwavable cup. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.