Tarragon & Dill Chicken Salad
Provided by: Lauren Braun Costello
Fresh herbs are the easiest way to bring the garden to your table. Tarragon has a powerful aroma of anise, whereas dill is more delicate. Combined these two herbs make a perfect pair for a creamy chicken salad.. Mixing sour cream and mayonnaise adds a pleasing tang. Sliced red grapes offer as much flavor and texture as they do color.
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast (about 4 cups), chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Gather these tools: cutting board, chef's knife, dry measuring cups, measuring spoons, large mixing bowl, rubber spatula
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, cider vinegar, and optional sugar. Fold in the tarragon and dill, and season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the chicken and grapes, and mix gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Leftover chicken - white or dark meat - can be used in this dish, whether it is poached, roasted, or grilled.