The Elvis Shake
Provided by: Allison Fishman
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup ice cubes, about 6 cubes
- unsweetened cocoa, optional garnish
- Peel banana, break into chunks, and put in blender with peanut butter, milk and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and garnish with cocoa, if desired.
- TIP: Peanut butter has a lot of natural fat, so I use skim milk to cut down on unnecessary fat. This is a terrific protein burst after a hard workout.
- TIP: One of Elvis’s favorite sandwiches was made from peanut butter, sliced bananas and sometimes bacon. He’d layer it on pieces of toasted bread, and fry the sandwich in a pan or on a griddle. Not exactly the George Foreman approach, but darn tasty.