Tortellini, Olive, and Cheese Kabobs
Provided by: dLife®
Visit dLife.com for more diabetes recipes
- 3/4 cup salad dressing, vinegar & oil
- 3 tbsp pesto sauce, with basil, refrigerated
- 2 cup tortellini pasta, cheese filled
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, with jalapeno
- 30 Olives, black, jumbo, pitted, canned (or a mix of others, such as ripe, pimiento-stuffed, onion-stuffed, marinated green, or kalamata olives)
- 30 whole pickled jalapeno peppers
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine salad dressing and pesto, set aside.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again.
- Cut each cheese into 30 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Thread the tortellini, cheese cubes, olives, and pickled peppers on 6-inch picks or skewers.
- Put skewers in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Brush with about half of the marinade.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours, brushing with remaining marinade after 2 hours.