Tuna Niçoise Burgers
Provided by: Food&Wine
This tuna burger offers the flavors of a Niçoise salad, on a bun.
- 1 1/4 pound(s) fresh tuna, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) salted capers, rinsed and minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) anchovy paste
- 4 brioche buns, split and toasted
- Sliced tomatoes and arugula, for serving
- 1. Spread the tuna, scallions, olives and capers on a plate and freeze for 5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until the tuna is finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into four 4-inch patties.
- 2. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the burgers with olive oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden and crusty and just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- 3. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and anchovy paste; spread on the buns. Top with the burgers, tomato and arugula, close and serve.