Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
This quick-cooking stovetop chili, chock full of vegetables and two types of beans will fit the bill when you're looking for a meatless dish.
- 1 3/4 cup Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves , crushed
- 1/9 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 small zucchini , coarsely chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 can (about 14.5 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes , cut up
- 2 medium carrot , chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) , rinsed and drained
- 6 cup hot cooked regular long-grain white rice , cooked without salt
- Stir the broth, chili powder, thyme, pepper, zucchini, tomatoes and carrots in a 3-quart saucepan and heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the black beans and chickpeas and heat through. Serve over the rice.