Warm Avocado Soup with Chipotle Cream
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 269 calories/serving
A tempting mixture of avocado, cilantro and lime juice add flavor and texture to this rich broth-based soup, garnished with a smoky dollop of chipotle-flavored sour cream.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 6 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 avocado , pitted, peeled and cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
- Stir the sour cream and chile pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir the broth, cilantro, lime juice and avocados in the saucepot. Heat to a boil.
- Place 1/2 of the avocado mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Repeat the blending process with the remaining avocado mixture. Return all of the puréed mixture to the saucepot. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot. Divide the soup among 8 serving bowls. Top each with about 1 tablespoon of the sour cream mixture.