Warm Chickpea-and-Artichoke Pate
Provided by: TASTE
- 4 red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 6- to 7-ounce jar artichokes packed in sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro,chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 loaf French bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake the red pepper halves until fragrant and soft. Drain the chickpeas and artichokes. Roast the five spice in a hot, dry pan until fragrant. Set aside the peppers and a few artichoke pieces. Blend all the remaining ingredients to a fine purée.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Bake for 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with toasted slices of French bread and the reserved roast red peppers and garnish with the remaining artichoke.