Wild Mushroom & Baby Arugula Bruschetta
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Light and flaky Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets make the perfect base for this enjoyable bruschetta topping made with sautèed arugula and wild mushrooms, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 cup assorted wild mushroom (shiitake, cremini, oyster and/or button)
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cup baby arugula leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves , crushed
- 1/9 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles, making 12 in all. Place the pastry rectangles onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 24 in all. Arrange the pastries, cut-side up, on a serving platter.
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until they're tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the arugula, thyme and black pepper and cook until the arugula is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mushroom mixture among the pastries. Garnish with the cheese. Serve immediately.