Zesty Black Bean & Rice Burritos
Provided by: Rice-A-Roni
- 1 package Rice-A-Roni® Savory Whole Grains Spanish
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup drain and rinsed canned black beans
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (7 to 8-inch diameter), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1/4 1/3 cup cup sliced green onions (green tops only)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 3/4 cup guacamole
- In medium saucepan, combine contents of seasoning packet, rice, water, olive oil and, if desired, cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 24 to 26 minutes or until most of water is absorbed. Uncover and stir in beans. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- To assemble burritos, spoon rice and bean mixture on lower third of each tortilla, dividing evenly. Sprinkle cheese and green onions on top of rice mixture, dividing evenly; roll up tortillas enclosing filling.
- To serve, place two burritos on each plate. Top with lettuce, tomato and guacamole, dividing evenly.