Zesty Pork Chops
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 280 calories/serving
Simply delicious and ready in just 40 minutes, this recipe is sure to win over your family. Picante sauce, brown sugar and apples make ordinary pork chops extraordinary.
- 4 bone-in pork chop (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 apple , peeled, cored and cut into slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Coat the pork with the flour. Stir the picante sauce, brown sugar and apple in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on both sides. Pour off any fat.
- Pour the picante sauce mixture over the pork. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
- Flavor Variation: You can really spice up this recipe by adding 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce to the picante sauce mixture.