Zesty Turkey Burgers
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
No more bland burgers...these easy to make turkey burgers use interesting ingredients, like cranberry sauce, mustard and salsa, to ensure that they're moist, juicy and really flavorful.
- 1/3 cup regular or reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon canned cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves , crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or smoked Cheddar cheese
- 4 Pepperidge Farm® Classic Hamburger Buns , split and toasted
- 1 large orange , peeled and cut into thin slices
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Green leaf lettuce
- Stir the mayonnaise, cranberry sauce and mustard in a small bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the turkey, picante sauce, cilantro and thyme in a medium bowl. Shape the turkey mixture into 8 (1/2-inch thick) burgers. Place 1/4 cup cheese in the center of each of 4 burgers. Top each with another burger. Pinch the edges of the burgers to enclose the cheese.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the burgers for 10 minutes or until desired doneness, turning them over once halfway through grilling. Grill the orange slices for 1 minute, turning them over once halfway through grilling.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the top halves of the buns. Place the burgers on the buns. Top with the orange slices, onion and lettuce.
- Tip: Also delicious with ground beef, chicken or pork.