Zucchini, Tomato & Mozzarella Tart
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Here's an exquisite, meatless appetizer that makes good party fare because it can be served at room temperature. Give it a try at your next gathering.
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium green onion , chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 small zucchini , sliced (about 2 cups)
- 3 Italian plum tomato , thinly sliced
- 2 egg
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 13-inch square. Cut off the corners to make a circle. Press the pastry into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan, leaving the excess pastry draped over the sides of the pan.
- Layer the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, green onions and oregano in the pan. Arrange the zucchini and tomatoes in concentric circles on top.
- Beat the eggs, half-and-half and black pepper in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Fold the excess pastry in over the filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Let the tart cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.