Huffpost Denver

Judges Dismisses Suit Over Aspen Vacation Home Carbon Monoxide Deaths

Posted: Updated:
ASPEN
alamy
Print

ASPEN, Colo. -- A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit against a Colorado county and two building inspectors over the deaths of a Denver family of four who died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

U.S. District Judge William Martinez said Wednesday the people who sued failed to prove Pitkin County and its building inspectors created the danger that led to the family's 2008 deaths.

Caroline and Parker Lofgren and their two children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie, died while staying at an Aspen-area vacation house over Thanksgiving weekend. They won the visit in a fundraiser.

A hearing in a criminal case over the deaths is scheduled Thursday.

Around the Web

Attorney: Evidence will clear ex-inspector in Aspen monoxide deaths ...

Misdemeanors dropped in Aspen monoxide deaths case | VailDaily ...

County off the hook in monoxide deaths civil suit | Aspen Daily News ...

Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Against County In Carbon Monoxide Deaths

Judge Nixes Monoxide Suit Against Colorado County