Herman Cain Sexual Harassment Charges: Fourth Woman Makes Allegations Against Candidate
A fourth woman is making sexual harassment allegations against Herman Cain, claiming that the Republican presidential candidate exhibited inappropriate behavior when he was serving as head of the National Restaurant Association more than a decade ago, according to Michael van Poppel at BNO News.
The woman reportedly making the accusations will hold a press conference with her attorney Gloria Allred on Monday.
Cain has denied the sexual harassment charges from the start. On Saturday, he appeared to be in no mood to answer questions on the issue, snapping at reporters before his one-on-one debate with fellow GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.
Cain supporters directed some dissatisfaction toward the media last week, releasing an ad criticizing the coverage of the sexual harassment controversy. Gingrich echoed those sentiments in a Monday morning interview on NBC's "Today" Show, saying there is a gap between the "gossip" reporters pursue and deeper issues at hand.
Cain's Iowa director, Larry Tuel, has also expressed suspicion regarding the timing of the swarm of sexual harassment allegations.
"This story's been known about," Tuel told The National Review. "It's not like this just popped up. I know reporters that have known about it for weeks and weeks. And all of a sudden when Mr. Cain gets to the top of the polls, ahead of Romney -- 29-23 in one -- then the story breaks. The timing, to me, is odd."
Timing aside, one of the women involved reportedly felt that her employment was threatened by Cain's alleged actions. A source told Politico that "she perceived that her job was at risk if she didn’t do it."
This is a developing story... More information to come...