Michael Pollan, arguably an important foodie in his own right, recently named the world's seven most powerful foodies for Forbes magazine. His list includes a range of individuals from academics to corporate executives that are perhaps defined more for their professional accomplishments than as "foodies." (Is the Walmart Head of Grocery a foodie?) Noticeably absent are any professional chefs, and reigning green kitchen queen Alice Waters.
Michael Pollan's seven most powerful foodies (which include two HuffPost Food game changers from the past two years):
1. Michelle Obama, First Lady
2. Marion Nestle, NYU Professor
3. Josh Viertel, Slow Food USA President
4. Will Allen, Urban Farmer
5. Jack Sinclair, Walmart Head of Grocery
6. Ken Cook, Environmental Working Group Executive Director
7. Mark Bittman, New York Times columnist
Let us know in the comments if you agree with this list, and who you would add. Head over to Forbes.com for Pollan's justification of each influencer.