Stuffing Crust Turkey Potpie
Taste of Home
Provided by: Taste of Home
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home magazine, November 2011.
- 2 cups cooked cornbread stuffing
- 3 to 4 tablespoons tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup turkey gravy
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine stuffing and enough broth to reach desired moistness; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and gravy until smooth. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, Swiss cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon over crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine potatoes and cream; spread over turkey mixture. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with onions if desired. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until heated through and lightly browned.