Gasp! Women Are Waxing Their Pubic Hair, Declares Timely 'Atlantic' Article
The Atlantic, a magazine we usually pore over for its innovative intellectual content, posted a story today on a "staggering" new trend: women are waxing off their pubic hair.
Ashley Fetters pens the story, titled "The New Full-Frontal: Has Pubic Hair in America Gone Extinct?", which examines how women -- and some men -- are braving the pain of hot wax being dripped on their privates in order to be bare "down there."
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Here are some of the article's revelations:
- Women are getting waxed for themselves, not men.
- Carrie Bradshaw did it.
- The J Sisters opened a famous salon where YOU can do it.
- Mostly 20-something women do it.
- Waxing hurts! Some people take Advil before hand.
- Most people who do it are sexually active.
- Men generally like it.
- This might have something to do with porn.
Not to make fun of Fetters, who writes well; we're just saying, this reads like a trend piece that the Atlantic had lurking around in the coffers since 2004. (In other shocking trend news, people are wearing watches and college students like trendy dress.)
On the other hand, if you want an extremely comprehensive look at the details and repercussions of Brazilian waxing, this is the story for you. We also learned about 30 new synonyms for "vagina," so, there you go.