LISA BELKIN'S TO-BE-NAMED-BY-YOU BLOG CONTEST
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Lisa Belkin's "To-Be Named By You" Blog" Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees (including contractors and freelancers) of AOL Inc. and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, distributors, divisions and agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. TIMING: The entry time is from Noon ET on December 22, 2011until 11:59 PM ET on January 22, 2012 (the "Entry Period"). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, go to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-belkin/parenting-blog-name-contest_b_1164965.html?ref=parents and follow the instructions to enter by submitting your suggested name for Lisa Belkin's blog that appears on the HuffPost Parents website.
Entry becomes the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The submitted name must be the original work of entrant and not infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. See Section 11, Rights to Contest Entries, for additional information.
6. Judging: All entries will be judged according to the following criteria (the "Judging Criteria"): Describes the Parental Nature of the blog: 50 percent; Makes Us Smile: 25 percent; Makes Us Say Eureka: 25 percent. One (1) potential winner with the highest score will be determined by a judge or panel of judges at the conclusion of the Contest. In the event of a tied score, the entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate entries according to criteria listed above. However, if multiple entrants submit the same or similar name and that name becomes the potential winner, the entrant who submitted the name first, according to the Sponsor's clock, will be deemed the potential winner. Judges will have sole discretion in deciding which entries are the same or similar in nature. Decisions of judges are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
7. NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Entrant who is notified that his/her entry was selected is a Potential Winner. Potential Winner is not a Winner until he/she has returned all required documentation and his/her eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential Winner will be notified by U.S. mail, e-mail and/or telephone. Except where prohibited, Potential Winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within a time period to be determined by Sponsor, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release and W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification in order to claim their Prize. Potential Winner's travel companion must sign a liability/publicity release within a specified timeframe to be determined by Sponsor. If Potential Winner and/or their travel companion fails to sign and return the above paperwork within the required time period, the entrant with the next highest score will be deemed the potential Winner.
8. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to New York City, a tour of the Huffington Post Media Group Newsroom, and a one (1) year digital subscription to The New York Times. The prize includes round-trip (coach) air transportation from a major airport nearest the winner's residence to New York City; airport ground transportation; hotel accommodations for 3 days/2 nights; and lunch with the HuffPost Parents team, including Arianna Huffington. Approximate Retail Value of prize is approximately $2000. Dates of trip to be determined by Sponsor. Winner and their guest must be able to travel on dates selected by Sponsor. If the winner and their guest cannot travel on the dates/times specified by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
Specifics of all aspects of the prize are in Sponsor's sole discretion. The actual value may vary based upon point of departure and dates of travel and the winner will not receive any difference in value. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of New York City, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Any minors must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. All costs and expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, but not limited to, meals and beverages, ground transportation not specified above, taxes and gratuities. The winner and guest are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. In the event Arianna Huffington and/or another member of the HuffPost Parents team is unable to attend the lunch and/or if the lunch does not take place as scheduled, then Sponsor's only obligation is to award the remaining portions of the prize.
Prize is nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value in the event that a prize or portion of prize is unavailable. Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with prize receipt and use.
NO OBLIGATION TO USE WINNING ENTRY: Sponsor shall have no obligation to actually use the winning entry as the name for Lisa Belkin's blog on HuffPost Parents and all decisions regarding its use shall be at Sponsor's sole discretion.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Grand Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries were received. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry is made. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry.
10. PUBLICITY: Entrants grant Sponsor the right to use their names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical materials, and entry submissions, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes or on a winner's list and other online announcements, whether TV or print, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Neither entrants nor Grand Prize winner shall receive any compensation or credit for use of entries, other than that disclosed in these rules.
11. RIGHTS TO CONTEST ENTRIES: Submission constitutes Entrant's certification that the entry is their own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Released Parties (defined below), or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the entry as provided herein, infringes any of entrant's rights as creator of the entry, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or "droit moral." Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the entry is the property of Sponsor and that Sponsor has all rights under copyright law including intellectual property rights. By submitting the entry, the Entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers all intellectual property rights therein to Sponsor and agrees to execute such additional documents as may be requested by Sponsor to evidence Sponsor's ownership of the intellectual property rights in the entry. To the extent such assignment of rights is prohibited under State or local law, the Entrant submitting the winning entry hereby agrees to grant Sponsor and its agents an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, exclusive right and license to reproduce, publish, display, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, communicate, transmit, have transmitted, promote, create derivative works based upon and use the winning entry for promotional, advertising, editorial, commercial, merchandising and/or all other purposes. Additionally, ALL ENTRANTS grant Sponsor and its agents an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, publish, display, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, communicate, transmit, have transmitted, promote, create derivative works based upon and use any entry for promotional, advertising, editorial, commercial, merchandising and/or all other purposes. In no way is Entrant to be construed as the agent of or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any way. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between Entrant and Sponsor.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, AOL, their officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (c) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (d) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
14. CONTEST RESULTS: Contest results may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Lisa Belkin Blog Contest Winner's List, c/o AOL, 770 Broadway, 5th floor, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by January 31, 2012.