Surveillance footage has surfaced of a chainsaw-wielding thug attacking pub patrons at a UK bar last year -- all because he wasn't allowed to smoke inside.
Dean Dinnen, 24, was arrested in August after he entered The Endyke Pub in Hull with a chainsaw, threatening customers and obliterating every object in his path, according to the Hull Daily Mail website.
The video shows Dinnen -- who was boozed up and on drugs at the time -- waltz casually into the pub, flailing his weapon and holding it near patrons' faces. He was looking for a man who had thrown him out for lighting a cigarette inside the pub, despite a smoking ban in the area, several news outlets reported.
But customers weren't having it.
Bar patrons armed themselves with kegs, pool cues and barstools, flinging them at Dinnen from a distance. He ripped open the arm of Adrian Pryor, 32, with the chainsaw, but realized during the melee that the guy he was actually looking for had already left.
"I ran. I did not look back. I could hear the chainsaw screaming behind me I got the feeling he was right behind me," witness Kevin Fletcher said, according to the Daily Mail. "I fell over on the way out and got up and ran again I thought if I had been at the back of the crowd I would be dead."
The video ends with Dinnen leaving the bar and then getting pummeled by his would-be victims.
He pleaded guilty to several charges including causing grievous bodily harm, and was sentenced to three years in prison, Newscore reported.
"This was a really horrendous incident," Judge Michael Mettyear said. "It must have been so, so frightening for people. The sound alone of one of these machines in that sort of space would terrify people and it did terrify people."
Pryor, the only victim in the incident, had to undergo surgery after Dinnen cut through the skin and muscle of his arm.
"I had to undergo an operation under anesthetic to repair my tendons and received 21 stitches," Pryor said, in statement read to Hull Crown Court. "I had to have a splint in my arm, which was extremely uncomfortable and painful, and was off work for six weeks. I feel this will be with me for the rest of my life."