iOS app Android app More

Herman Cain Turns Down 'Dancing With The Stars'

Caindancing

First Posted: 02/14/2012 12:18 pm Updated: 02/14/2012 2:38 pm

Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain won't be accepting an invitation to join the cast of "Dancing with the Stars" this season, his spokeswoman said Tuesday.

"He can't dance in an eight-count. He can only dance in a nine-count," Lisa Reichert, Cain's executive assistant, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, referencing Cain's 9-9-9 tax plan.

Since suspending his campaign, Cain has remained in the GOP spotlight, making a high-profile endorsement of Newt Gingrich and delivering the Tea Party Response to the State of the Union. He also spoke at the Conservative Political Action Conference last week.

Other rumored "Dancing with the Stars" Season 14 contestants include singer Gavin DeGraw and Giuliana Rancic.

Earlier on HuffPost:

FOLLOW HUFFPOST POLITICS
Subscribe to the HuffPost Hill newsletter!
Filed by Ariel Edwards-Levy  |