Season 2 of "The Walking Dead" is coming to an end (finale airs Sun., Mar. 18, 9 p.m. ET on AMC), but we can't say goodbye to the zombie drama without a couple of stiff drinks.
In order to properly toast those apocalypse survivors we've said goodbye to this season, we asked bartender and friend of HuffPost TV Brandon Morgan to shake up a new signature cocktail for the show, one that we're calling The Walktail. It's cool and refreshing -- the perfect drink after a long day of zombie hunting -- and, naturally, it's a gorgeous shade of blood red.
Watch our video for step-by-step instructions on how to make it (full recipe below as well), then check out our drinking game to sip and chug along with us. Of course, please drink responsibly and only if you're of legal age.
- 2 oz. citrus vodka
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. homemade pomegranate simple syrup*
- Lemon peel for garnish
*To make the simple syrup, just boil equal parts pomegranate juice and sugar until sugar completely dissolves, then cool.
Directions: Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and give it a good shake. Strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lemon peel.
SPOILER ALERT: Obviously, if you're not caught up on the show, you shouldn't be watching the finale anyway, but fair warning -- there are some Season 2 spoilers in our drinking game.Play along: "The Walking Dead" Season 2 Finale Drinking Game
- Take a sip every time Lori yells Rick's name
- Chug every time Carl wanders off on his own
- Cheers at any reference to Dale's death
- Take a sip any time Shane's name is uttered
- Take a nice glug every time a walker gets taken down
- Take a sip when the survivors discuss the group being broken and whether life is still worth living
- Chug when you see somebody's innards on the outside of their body
- Take a nice healthy sip anytime the menfolk do the protectin' & shootin' and the womenfolk do the cookin' and cleanin'
- Cheers when someone does something so dumb that you think, "Yeah, go ahead, zombies -- take that moron out of the gene pool. Go nuts!"
- Chug anytime someone who shouldn't have a gun (Carl, Carol, Glenn ...) picks up a gun
- Finish your drink when (if) T-Dog gets a line
- Raise your glass to us if Rick shouts "WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!" (He loves to do that in the comics.)
- Andrea herself, star Laurie Holden, tweeted another tip with a possible finale hint:
- And showrunner Glen Mazzara reminds fans to enjoy this game responsibly -- and machete-free:
"The Walking Dead" Season 2 finale airs Sun., Mar. 18, 9 p.m. ET on AMC.