In a conference call to supporters on Tuesday evening, Rick Santorum stayed quiet on details of his future plans, but hinted at news to come.

Santorum, who dropped out of the Republican presidential primary last week.

“I haven't had a chance yet to talk to Governor Romney, but we'll be talking to both of them and we’re going to go out and do what we believe is in the best interest of our country,” Santorum told about 4,000 participants on the call, according to National Journal.

Santorum did say he had spoken with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who has remained in the race despite his campaign's staggering debt.

Santorum, a former senator from Pennsylvania, also discussed why he exited the race. While money was a concern, Santorum said his inability to create a conservative coalition left him without a clear path to the nomination.

"We sought to get a coalition of the rest of the conservatives in the race to join in, the other candidates who were still in the race," Santorum said, likely in reference to rival Gingrich. "We solicited them to see whether they might be willing to join our team and help us be successful in a coalition of conservatives."

When Santorum was asked if he had plans to "unsuspend" his campaign if he does well in next week's Pennsylvania primary -- Santorum remains on the state's ballot -- he told supporters to "stay tuned."

"I would just encourage people to stay tuned," he said. "As far as who you vote for, that's up to you. I haven't supported any candidate at this point. That's up to you."

Santorum said he expected an announcement within the next week or two about a "structure to promote" the ideals of his campaign. He also said his pledged delegates would promote his conservative platform at the Republican National Convention in September.

"We still have delegates, many of them committed, and we want to make sure that our delegates get a chance to go to the convention and have a say,” Santorum said.

Earlier on HuffPost: