Huffpost Food

Heart Attack Grill Customer Collapses While Eating Double Bypass Burger, Smoking

Posted: Updated:
Print Article

Not this again. A Las Vegas woman in her 40s collapsed at the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas while dining on a double bypass burger, smoking cigarettes and drinking a margarita. She was found unconscious at the restaurant.

Two months ago, a customer at the same restaurant suffered a heart attack while eating a triple bypass burger. Incidentally, one year ago, the Heart Attack Grill's 575-pound, 29-year-old spokesman died.

This bout of unfortunate events has had little effect on the restaurant's business, in which people remain drawn to the monstrous burgers. The quadruple bypass burger clocks in around 10,000 calories -- Guinness World Records has crowned the burger the most caloric sandwich on Earth.

The Heart Attack Grill has signs that read "This Establishment is Bad for Your Health." "Unlike cigarettes, I have had warnings labels since Day 1 when we opened in 2005 telling people how bad our food is for you," owner Jon Basso tells the Los Angeles Times," I think that skirts any liability we might have."

The woman is currently in recovery.

Watch the FOX5 report below:

Around the Web

Heart Attack Grill

Heart Attack Grill appears to have claimed another victim - latimes.com

Heart Attack Grill strikes again? Owner calls diners 'risk-takers'

Did a 'Heart Attack' burger claim a second victim at Vegas diner?

 
From Our Partners